Medical Assistant HCA I Montgomery Village Maryland
Medical Assistant HCA I
Montgomery Village Maryland
Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington DC, Inc.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent certification required.
- Certification as medical assistant preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of customer service or related experience preferred.
- Family planning experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform work accurately and with attention to detail.
Provide the foundation on which Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington DC, Inc. (PPMW) builds efficient, professional health centers. As the initial point of contact with clients and the public, the Medical Assistant must represent the PPMW commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service. Responsible for the performance of front desk, telephone and health care center duties and adherence to PPMW’s policies, procedures and medical standards and guidelines, using a customer centered approach to health care delivery.
This position has a schedule of Monday – Wednesday: 9 am-7 pm & Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 am-5 pm (subject to change).
Hourly rate: $21.00 – $25.50 dependent on experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Core for all Medical Assistants):Display initiative in maintaining an attractive and impeccably clean clinic environment, including public restrooms, waiting areas, lab, exam rooms, and reception area.
- Ensure the good working condition of office and lab equipment—identifying and reporting malfunctions promptly.
- Participate in PPMW’s inventory program to ensure adequate and accurate inventory.
- Participate in all clinic efforts to achieve benchmarks set for excellence of care and productivity.
- Demonstrate consistent excellent customer service.
- Greet clients and visitors in a positive, warm, caring, friendly manner.
- Safeguard the privacy and protected health information of clients in compliance with law and PPMW policies.
- Ensure that Request for Medical Services and Acknowledgement of Receipt of HIPAA Privacy Information has been signed by the client prior to the provision of care.
- Participate in PPMW’s Risk and Quality Management (RQM) and Referral Follow-Up programs.
Medical Assistants consistently perform the essential functions of the job and one of the following job functions:
- Front Desk/Reception
- Family Planning Clinical Assistant
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, listening and interpersonal relationship communication skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and interact comfortably with a diverse group of clients, staff and volunteers in a non-judgmental, professional and sensitive manner. Examples of skills required include ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
English/Spanish preferred; may be required for some positions.
Must possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Excellent keyboarding skills with high level of accuracy required. Must possess capacity to learn software programs required for specific position and access electronic communications, including e-mail, extranet and intranet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. All of the job functions listed within this job description involve to greater and lesser degrees the
following physical demands: close vision; hearing/listening; clear speech; walking; lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from the floor; stooping; kneeling; bending; sitting; standing up to 6 hours at a time; and use of hands to finger, handle, and feel. Must be able to assist a semi-conscious or unconscious youth/adult from a wheelchair to a bed and physically assist a patient in distress.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment and build productive relationships. A demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively as part of a team is essential.
• This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, fluids, or tissues as well as cleaning solvents and other chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This position requires the ability to work in high stress, fast paced environment with potential emergency situations.
• Protesters may be present at work and related sites.
• This position requires the ability to work an irregular schedule which could include some weekends, early mornings and evenings.
• The position may require travel to other PPMW sites for the performance of agency duties.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all
responsibilities, duties, efforts, requirements or expectations of this position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend this description to include or remove tasks as circumstances change and the needs of PPMW so dictate.