MA Medical Assistant for Express Clinic Providence RI every other weekend off
Providence Community Health Centers Express Clinic
every other weekend off!!!!
The Medical Assistant (MA) supports the care team as assigned, in the capacity of Health Aide, Patient Services Representative, Health Information Assistant or general clerical support, working cooperatively with staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist MDs/NPs/RNs caring for patients (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) including but not limited to taking/recording vital signs/height/weight/ operating EKG machine, completing point of care testing, developmental screenings preparing patients for examination, preparing work areas, complete refill requests and, documenting patient related procedures/tests in patients’ charts.
2. Answer incoming telephone calls, schedule patients using automated appointment scheduling process, interview incoming patients verifying identity, maintain provider appointment schedules, verify financial/insurance information, collect payments for services, and recording required data.
3. Insert patient related material as required; maintain separate logs/records related to care and compliance.
4. Provide general clerical support throughout the organization as needed including filing, answering/rerouting calls, preparing data reports, compiling statistics.
5. Coordinated Care/Patient Centered Medical Care Management: Works with all members of the Health Care Team towards achieving coordinated patient centered care. Demonstrates knowledge of the goals and objectives of PCHC’s patient care management plan. Effectively able to perform and communicate individual tasks within the role.
6. Maintain patient confidentiality at all levels of interaction.
7. Provide general interpretation support for all clinical staff.
8. Knowledge of immigration documentation may be required for some clinics (to include Passport immunizations, Immigration 693 forms, and Refugee I94 Card)
9.The above listing of duties is not meant to be all inclusive. However, the Employer will not ask any Employee to routinely perform a task unrelated to the above-mentioned duties.
•Basic Life Support/CPR certification required.
•Ability to perform responsibilities across life cycle (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) required.
•Clear diction and unhampered conversational skills for conversing with a multicultural, multiethnic and multilingual patient community is essential.
•Computer literacy required. Familiarity with Physician Computer Network preferred but not required.
•If float, reliable (on demand) transportation and current/active RI driver’s license is essential.
•Ability to communicate with people of various diverse backgrounds in a sensitive and compassionate way.
•High school diploma (business course) or equivalent required.
•Completion of a medical assistant program, with 180-hr internship requirement for graduation, is essential.
PCHC is EOE/M/F/D/V/SO
Week 1: Sunday: 9a-5p; Monday: off; Tuesday: 8a-8p; Wednesday: 8a-8p; Thursday: off; Friday: 8:30a-8p; Saturday: off.
Week 2: Sunday: off; Monday: off; Tuesday: 8a-8p; Wednesday: 8a-8p; Thursday: off; Friday 8:30a-8p; Saturday: 9a-5p..
40 hours per week